All new leaders must complete an AccessNI check.
Step by Step Guide
1. The “Application Form for Leaders” can be downloaded from here PCI Access NI Forms – please note there is a new form (AFL/10) – any older forms submitted will be returned. All forms must have the applicants’ handwritten signature on them – a typed signature is not acceptable.
2. Complete all of page 1 & part of page 2 (stopping after 2nd Referee)
3. Go to https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/accessni
4. Click Apply for an AccessNI Check
5. Click on Apply online for an enhanced check through a registered body link
6. Click the big green button
7. Register for a new account using your e-mail address and creating a password – you will need these dates to track the progress of your case
8. Log in to your account
9. When prompted for a PIN code, enter 186591
10. In step 5 for Organisation Reference you should enter “Bloomfield Presbyterian”
11. In step 12 you will be provided with a case reference number, write this 10 digit AccessNI reference number in the Case Reference box at the top of page 3 of the printed application form.
12. Take the printed application form along with I.D. documents to the Taking Care Designated Person who will check your I.D. and complete the Interview, Session Decision and Identity Validation sections.
13. Your application form will then be posted to the PCI Taking Care Office and the online form will then be submitted by PCI to AccessNI. Note that copies of identification documents will be sent to the Taking Care office with the application form. This is to ensure that the Taking Care office complies with the Access NI Code of Practice. At least one piece of ID should include applicants present address. These copies are kept for 90 days after the certificate is issued. The copies will then be shredded. Completed application forms, including ID copies, must be received within 11 weeks of the applicant submitting the online Access NI form
If an applicant is getting a check done for a PAID role a check has to be made to ensure that the applicant has a right to work in the UK. ( a valid UK passport will be needed).